Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

default username/password for Ambari?

Explorer

I also face the same issue. Try to use admin/admin and it’s not working. Try to use user/password specified during HDP Sandbox setting in Azure is also giving the same error.

I have tried to change the password using SSH but over there I am getting error message of permission denied with user name which I provided while configuring Azur portal. And not able to login using root username and password.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

sorry, found the problem. Was not using proper way to sudo to root. Should be using [sudo su - root] instead of just using [sudo root] 🙂

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Explorer

It seems that I don't have root permision while changing password. I get error permision denied.

Explorer

It didnot work. I have configured it and its not working.

New Contributor

same issue here. I can login into vm but can't sudo to root.

Expert Contributor

1891-screen-shot-2016-02-07-at-103942-pm.png

Hi @Muhammad Ali if you recently deployed sandbox hdp 2.3.2 on azure, there was an update done. Basically, to login as a read only user to use the views, you can login as user: azure password azure. It looks like the splash page on port 8888 page didn't get the update. I will work on fixing that. Basically, to get ambari admin access, you have to set ambari password as explained in the initial blade.

New Contributor

sorry, found the problem. Was not using proper way to sudo to root. Should be using [sudo su - root] instead of just using [sudo root] 🙂

Master Mentor

@zafar khan These details are in the screenshot that I have attached

New Contributor

Try user: admin | password: admin.

Regards

Try user: admin | password: admin.

Regards.

New Contributor

Doesn't work

New Contributor

Username/Password: raj_ops/raj_ops worked for me

According to documentation https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/

maria_dev/maria_dev should also work

Username/Password => raj_ops/raj_ops worked for me

I am having this same problem. After updating both Sandbox and VirtualBox, no password works for the admin user, neither the default "admin" nor the value I changed it to some time ago. Does logging in as maria_dev or one of the other values carry the same privileges as admin? Can we access and execute all the scripts required in the tutorials?

If not, how do we reset the admin password to the default value "admin" when the sudo to root method doesn't work?