Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

executing sqoop jobs in oozie

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted

executing sqoop jobs in oozie

Expert Contributor

I have installed cloudera express version pn centos machine with cloudera manager.

I have previously worked with oozie and have written the workflows manually without using any editor. 

Hue looks great but as of now I am looking forward to just deploy my workflow.xml/coordinator.xml and job.properteties file so that I can launch an oozie job from what I have already with me rather than designing it in the Hue. 

Previously I have had users created under /home directory on my centos machine. Though I have NOT installed cloudera as single user, I still do not see those different users created under home directory. 

and so I am not able to login as a different user with command like su oozie.

Also, if I want to check the hadoop file system, I certainly can not do that from root user here using hadoop fs -ls command. What is the alternative for that? I am 1 day old with cloudera and find it much stabler as compared to rest of the distributions available so thank you for the great work. 

so

1. On running a sqoop job, I get

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load db driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Which directory do I add the driver in?

2. How to add deploy already written workflows in oozie?

3. Why are users like hdfs, oozie, sqoop not created under /home directory? why I am not able to use command su hdfs and login as hdfs? I supposed Ideally these users should have been created?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: executing sqoop jobs in oozie

Community Manager

Welcome to the Cloudera Community @sim6. Am I correct in thinking you posted the questions here because you were wondering how to use Hue on the three issues? Otherwise, it looks like you have a few different questions that may be better answered outside of the Hue board. In that case, I would suggest creating new posts for each question in the forum board that best suits it. 

Question one may be a fit for the Data Ingestion board which covers Sqoop. Question two would be a match for the batch processing board that covers Oozie. Question three seems to be something for the Hadoop Concepts board.

I hope this helps. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
1 REPLY 1

Re: executing sqoop jobs in oozie

Community Manager

Welcome to the Cloudera Community @sim6. Am I correct in thinking you posted the questions here because you were wondering how to use Hue on the three issues? Otherwise, it looks like you have a few different questions that may be better answered outside of the Hue board. In that case, I would suggest creating new posts for each question in the forum board that best suits it. 

Question one may be a fit for the Data Ingestion board which covers Sqoop. Question two would be a match for the batch processing board that covers Oozie. Question three seems to be something for the Hadoop Concepts board.

I hope this helps. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum