Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

failing to connect to spark driver when submitting job to spark cluster

Explorer

When I submit a spark job to the cluster it failed and gives me the following error in the log file:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to connect to /0.0.0.0:35994 at org.apache.spark.network.client.TransportClientFactory.createClient(TransportClientFactory.java:232) at org.apache.spark.network.client.TransportClientFactory.createClient(TransportClientFactory.java:182) at org.apache.spark.rpc.netty.NettyRpcEnv.createClient(NettyRpcEnv.scala:197) at org.apache.spark.rpc.netty.Outbox$anon$1.call(Outbox.scala:194) at org.apache.spark.rpc.netty.Outbox$anon$1.call(Outbox.scala:190) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Which I guess means it failed to connect to the driver. I tried to increase "spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead" parameter but it doesn't work.

This is the submit command I use:

/bin/spark-submit --class example.Hello --jars ... --master yarn --deploy-mode cluster --supervise --conf spark.yarn.driver.memoryOverhead=1024 ...(jar file path)

I am using HDP-2.6.1.0 and spark 2.1.1

10 REPLIES 10

Super Collaborator

hi @tariq abughofa,

could you please SELinux Disabled or not on the driver, which looks preventing new dynamic ports refuse to connect.