Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

failure to login: for principal: jztwk javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Unable to obtain password from user

Explorer

I use CDH 6.3.2

use oozie submit spark job,I get a error

.................................. at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherAM.main(LauncherAM.java:141) Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.security.KerberosAuthException: failure to login: for principal: jztwk javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Unable to obtain password from user at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doSubjectLogin(UserGroupInformation.java:1992) at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getUGIFromTicketCache(UserGroupInformation.java:649) ........................................ at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SparkMain.run(SparkMain.java:93) at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMain.run(LauncherMain.java:104) at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SparkMain.main(SparkMain.java:60) ... 16 more Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Unable to obtain password from user

in Fixed Issues in CDH 6.3.3

I find 

SPARK-29082  - [CORE] Skip delegation token generation if no credentials are available

so How can I fix it,only update to CDH 6.3.3

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

@ighack You can try below workaround. 

Do any of the following:

Use yarn-client mode for the SparkAction

OR

Still use yarn-cluster mode, however, add the submitting user's keytab on to a secure HDFS location and rewrite the workflow as shown:

<file>hdfs://xxx/yyy.keytab#zzz.keytab</file>

<spark-opts>--keytab zzz.keytab --principal zzz@YOUR_REALM</spark-opts>

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.