Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

hbase.master.info.bindAddress has no effect on master node actual binding?

Explorer

Hi all,

I installed HBase from HDP-2.5.3.0. The master node has given the following error:

Connection failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused to hmaster.mlx:16000

$ sudo netstat -tulpn | grep -E '16000'

tcp 0 0 192.168.20.41:16000 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 11615/java

So the master node process binds to the cluster management interface only (which is not hmaster.mlx). I checked the hbase-site, and it has hbase.master.info.bindAddress set to 0.0.0.0 by default.

Am I looking at the wrong property?

But the RegionServer does bind to 0.0.0.0 though.

$ sudo netstat -tulpn | grep -E '16030' [sudo]

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:16030 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 12320/java

Any idea will be appriciated.

Cheers,

Derrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

You want to set hbase.master.ipc.address instead. The info bindAddress is the configuration property for the HTTP web UI server, not the RPC server. The ipc address is the property you want to set to 0.0.0.0.

For future reference, see https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/24277/parameters-for-multi-homing.html

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Derrick Lin

The HBase Master will use the FQDN (the output of the following command) and use this to bind to the interface configured for the node hostname.

# hostname -f

In situations where your HBase master node has two network interfaces, HBase will use the interfaces that resolves for the OS hostname. If you wish to use the hostname of the second interface then you can use the following property. We can override this with and entry in hbase-site by adding the following property:

hbase.master.hostname=<hostname> 

Super Guru

You want to set hbase.master.ipc.address instead. The info bindAddress is the configuration property for the HTTP web UI server, not the RPC server. The ipc address is the property you want to set to 0.0.0.0.

For future reference, see https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/24277/parameters-for-multi-homing.html

Explorer

thanks guy,

Set the hbase.master.ipc.address to 0.0.0.0 solved my problem. Cheers,

Super Guru

Might you take a moment to "Accept" the answer you found helpful, @Derrick Lin? Thanks.