Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

hi , I am having trouble connecting to beeline. ... Please help me

Contributor

26385-capture.png

ERROR: Url i used to connect to beeline is jdbc:hihve2://hostname:10000/default .I am using oracle as my hive metastore database. ojdbc6 jar is downloaded and kept at /usr/hdp/2.../hive/lib.My transport mode is binary.After adding these jars when i am logged in as root i can connect to beeline with my ldap uid and pwd. But when i am logged with user id in linux machine and try to connect to beeline. I am getting the same error again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
10 REPLIES 10

Rising Star

It's a wrong jdbc class name for uri.

Try to use this "beeline jdbc:hive2://hostname:10000/default" instead of.

Contributor

what i usually do is beeline >

!connect jdbc:hive2://hostname:port/default with " " and withh out.I tried both but it did not work.

Rising Star

Then, check the hostname which is installed with hiveserver2 on a node.

Expert Contributor
@pv poreddythe connection string you are using from you screen shot is: jdbc:hive2//<servername>:10000 which is missing a colon (:) it is supposed to be jdbc:hive2://<servername>:10000 for more details you can refer to: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveServer2+Clients

Contributor

I have given url correctly. But it doesn't work and still stays the same error

hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Contributor

yes @Deepesh,I launched both beeline from the same machine. if there is a corrupted install of hive client, please suggest me a solution as in what steps needs to be taken. Also I am using ambari 2.2.2.0 and hdp 2.4.2... when i click on hive service, I do not see the jdbc url down and also the quick links option. Thanks

I am assuming this is an unsecure cluster, is that right?

On that machine, can you put out the complete console log from the terminal and i would suggest just starting the beeline and then put the connect statment:

$ beeline
> !connect jdbc:hive2://<hivehost>:10000 <user> <pwd>

Contributor

I do not know what went wrong but i removed the hive client and installed it again and it worked this time. Thanks