Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

hive on spark engine

Explorer

Hi All,

I am trying to run hive on spark engine. cluster details: HDP 2.6/ Ambari 2.5 /hive-1.2.1/saprk-1.6

I have cpoied spark assembly jar file to hive /lib/ directory and set hive.execution.engine=spark and tried to run query through an error as below .

hive> set hive.execution.engine=spark; hive> select count(*) from sparksql_query.final_result; Query ID = user_20180906105558_d4566904-e2a4-4d94-b91b-404bdd6c1b12 Total jobs = 1 Launching Job 1 out of 1 In order to change the average load for a reducer (in bytes): set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=<number> In order to limit the maximum number of reducers: set hive.exec.reducers.max=<number> In order to set a constant number of reducers: set mapreduce.job.reduces=<number> Starting Spark Job = 61362f50-0bd4-4676-bfef-87d433386a94 Status: SENT Failed to execute spark task, with exception 'java.lang.IllegalStateException(RPC channel is closed.)' FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.spark.SparkTask hive>

Any sigggestion will helps me a lot

kant

1 REPLY 1

@Kant T

Hive on Spark is not supported, hence the error. You may try SparkSQL if you want to leverage Spark.

; ;