Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

hive setting tab disabled in ambari

We recently modified `hive.server2.tez.default.queues` to have comma-separated list of string. Since then we can't access the setting tab for Hive. See screenshot. We can't update hive settings now. Could someone suggest a hack to fix this? Is there an easy way to update a single property via Ambari API?

screen-shot-2016-09-01-at-30934-pm.png

Advanced tab is accessible along with other UI components. I am thinking comma-separated values must be the reason behind the broken setting tab. Using Ambari 2.2.1.1

I have tried loading the page in incognito mode to make sure there is no cache interference but it doesn't seem to help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Anuraj Pandey can you please modify the value and change it to below and restart the required services :

from

etl,prod,reporting,dev,default

to

default,etl,prod,reporting,dev

This should fix your issue. Please let me know how it goes. Also do not forget to restart Hive after you make the changes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

@Anuraj Pandey Can you please upload the value of "hive.server2.tez.default.queues" .

Expert Contributor

@Anuraj Pandey

1. Can you check for latest version of hive-site via API to get the value of "hive.server2.tez.default.queues"

<Host IP>:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/configurations

Search hive-site and pick the latest/last version from there, and click on it.

The URL will be like :

<Host IP>:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/configurations?type=hive-site&tag=<latest tag version>

Search for "hive.server2.tez.default.queues"

2. Also, check the API call which is failing/hanging. If you are using chrome browser, start from a service other than HIVE.

Right click and select "Inspect element", followed by clicking "Network" tab. Then come to "setting" tab for Hive, and note the API calls made. Determine which one is failing and post it here.

Other option is going back to the pervious config version for HIVE and retrying setting the config.

@lraheja etl,prod,reporting,dev,default

@swapnil API call is not failing. There is a bug in frontend javascript. See the following screenshots for details.

7281-screen-shot-2016-09-01-at-41905-pm.png

7282-screen-shot-2016-09-01-at-41925-pm.png

I was able to hack up the javascript to force "hive.server2.tez.default.queues=default" and load the page.

Expert Contributor

@Anuraj Pandey can you please modify the value and change it to below and restart the required services :

from

etl,prod,reporting,dev,default

to

default,etl,prod,reporting,dev

This should fix your issue. Please let me know how it goes. Also do not forget to restart Hive after you make the changes.

Thanks @lraheja. Your suggestion worked.