Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how could I convert avro format (result of executesq) to parquet using putparquet ?

Rising Star

Hi,

I am going to convert the result of Nifi ExecuteSQL procecessor and save the result as putparquet into hdfs.

Any suggestion on how to convert avro format (result of executesql) to parquet using putparquet ?

I will use avroreader in putparquet processor, but it requires Schema Registry. could I auto generate the Schema Registry of the result from executesql.?

Thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru
@Andy Liang

ExecuteSql processor will result output flowfile with embedded avro schema in it.

So in your PutParquet processor configure the Record Reader as Avro Reader and use the embedded avro schema as Schema access strategy

80581-avro-reader.png

By using Embedded avro schema you don't have to set up any avro schema registry and this processor will work dynamically based on the embedded avro schema.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru
@Andy Liang

ExecuteSql processor will result output flowfile with embedded avro schema in it.

So in your PutParquet processor configure the Record Reader as Avro Reader and use the embedded avro schema as Schema access strategy

80581-avro-reader.png

By using Embedded avro schema you don't have to set up any avro schema registry and this processor will work dynamically based on the embedded avro schema.