Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to do load balancing HS2 in a kerberos environment?

Contributor

how to do load balancing HS2 in a kerberos environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Hi @vijaya inturi you can add multiple HS2 servers, and access them using Zookeeper discovery. On each call ZK will connect you to a random, alive HS2 instance. In a Kerberos environment the user who runs beeline needs a valid ticket, and has to insert the hive principal in the connect string. You can find beeline connection string samples here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

Hi @vijaya inturi you can add multiple HS2 servers, and access them using Zookeeper discovery. On each call ZK will connect you to a random, alive HS2 instance. In a Kerberos environment the user who runs beeline needs a valid ticket, and has to insert the hive principal in the connect string. You can find beeline connection string samples here.

New Contributor

Hi 

I have read in another coludera community thread that using dynamic service discovery has some issues https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/CDH-5-4-0-and-HiveServer2-High-Availability-via-... and i am working on setting up using HAProxy following a doc from cloudera which talks about setting LB for both impala and Hive  https://docs.cloudera.com/runtime/7.0.2/tuning-hue/topics/hue-configure-hive-impala-for-ha-with-hue....

My question is which one would you recommend and can you let me know the caveats..

Thanks

Rajesh 

Hi @Rajesh07530

As this thread is older and was marked 'Solved' in 2016 you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also provide you with the opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in providing a more accurate answer to your question. 

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.