Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to get xml node value in nifi processor?

Contributor

I have nifi processor EvaluateXpath and i want to get tags value from xml response , for it i use expression like this //count/text() but my count attribute is still empty , what should i change? my xml reponse is something like this, AND I WANT TO GET THIS 72 AND WRITE IT IN MY COUNT ATTRIBUTE .

<SendMessagexmlns=""><EnvelopeVersion>2.0</EnvelopeVersion><Header><MessageDetails><Class></Class><Qualifier>response</Qualifier><Function></Function><CorrelationID></CorrelationID><ResponseEndPoint/></MessageDetails><SenderDetails><IDAuthentication/><EmailAddress/></SenderDetails></Header><MessageDetails/><Body><Messagexmlns=""><getEventDataResponsexmlns=""xmlns:ns2=""xmlns:ns3=""xmlns:ns4=""><count>72</count></Message>
3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru
@sally sally

Is this the right XML you have copied here? It is not a valid XML.

Contributor

yes but it isn't my whole response i mean i have copied only the part in which is count tag

Master Guru

Hi @sally sally, if you are extracting only one value to attribute then its easy to use

ExtractText processor:-

by adding new property to it by adding regex like below.

<count>(.*)<\/count>

ExtractText Processor configs:-

40542-extract-text.png

This regex only captures the value in <count></count> message and adds an attribute count to the flowfile.