Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Welcome to the upgraded Community! Read this blog to see What’s New!

how to manipulate string value

Contributor

Screenshot from 2022-07-19 18-02-20.pngHi,

I want to manipulate below string in updateAttribute  processor. I tried replace function etc but it is not working for me. Can anyone suggest to modify below string to change DBName and TableName as per expected output.

query = ${query:replace('nrpuserorgdb2306.status', 'nrpreportdb.user_org_status')}

query : "ALTER TABLE `nrpuserorgdb2306`.`status` \nADD COLUMN `is_deleted` TINYINT NULL AFTER `code`"

Expected output:

query : ALTER TABLE `nrpreportdb`.`user_org_status` ADD COLUMN `is_test` TINYINT NULL AFTER `code`

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@AbhishekSingh It looks like the issue with the Replace Expression Language was just the ` around the database and table name.  That works for me as follows:

${query:replace('`nrpuserorgdb2306`.`status`', '`nrpreportdb`.`user_org_status`')}

Here is my flow to test:

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.55.44 AM.png

Notice the use of a simple flow to test the concept.  I also set query in GenerateFlowfile and define a separate query2 in UpdateAttribute.  I always work in ways that prove functionality, then when the concept is working, take the lesson learned into real flows.  

Some additional Screen Shots:

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.55.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.55.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.54.46 AM.png

Template and Flow Definition File on my GitHub:

https://github.com/cldr-steven-matison/NiFi-Templates

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

@AbhishekSingh It looks like the issue with the Replace Expression Language was just the ` around the database and table name.  That works for me as follows:

${query:replace('`nrpuserorgdb2306`.`status`', '`nrpreportdb`.`user_org_status`')}

Here is my flow to test:

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.55.44 AM.png

Notice the use of a simple flow to test the concept.  I also set query in GenerateFlowfile and define a separate query2 in UpdateAttribute.  I always work in ways that prove functionality, then when the concept is working, take the lesson learned into real flows.  

Some additional Screen Shots:

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.55.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.55.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.54.46 AM.png

Template and Flow Definition File on my GitHub:

https://github.com/cldr-steven-matison/NiFi-Templates

Labels