Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to replace a CM-deployed Hue by a customize-developed one ?

New Contributor

Hi,

I have this situation:

my team are using Cloudera Manager, and we want to develop Hue ,one of CDH components, for our need, to replace the original one.

I log on the server, replace /mnt/disk1/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hue/ with unzipped tarball documents.

What should I do before "make apps"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Hi @Tomas79  , I think I found a way to deal with it.

As we can get the version info of Hue from Cloudera Manager web UI, I install the corresbonding version one from the tarball source to my local development enviroment.

After I finish my development on local Hue, first I back up that/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hue folder on server, then I replace the server hue/ folder with my local hue/ folder (by using tar,lrzsz,rm,unzip...).

Last but not least, I replace the new hue/build/ folder with the back-uped hue/build/ folder, because there are lots of key configurations in original component we need to inherit, as CM starts up differently than locally.

Now I restart Hue on Cloudera Manager web UI, it works! My new feature is in effect.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm on my way to exporing it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,  I dont think it is so easy to do. At least I tried it once - downloading and compiling from the source. That part was the easier part - I just had to install some development libraries, gcc and other tools.

But the issue is that HUE in CDH is running with a specific versions of python packages, specially pyOpenSSL, lpysaml, asn1crypto and others. The problem was, that I had to change (upgrade/downgrade) the system packages for making the "external" hue working, but then the other services and components were not working. I am sorry for this generic answer, dont have the exact details, already deleted that env. 

Please let me know if you find any solution to this. 

New Contributor

Hi @Tomas79  , I think I found a way to deal with it.

As we can get the version info of Hue from Cloudera Manager web UI, I install the corresbonding version one from the tarball source to my local development enviroment.

After I finish my development on local Hue, first I back up that/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/hue folder on server, then I replace the server hue/ folder with my local hue/ folder (by using tar,lrzsz,rm,unzip...).

Last but not least, I replace the new hue/build/ folder with the back-uped hue/build/ folder, because there are lots of key configurations in original component we need to inherit, as CM starts up differently than locally.

Now I restart Hue on Cloudera Manager web UI, it works! My new feature is in effect.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm on my way to exporing it.