Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

how to restart cloudera manager and cloudera clusters?

how to restart cloudera manager and cloudera clusters?

Explorer

We have installed one cloudera manager and two cloudera clusters successfully a couple days ago, we rebooted each server today and restarted cloudera manager with: servicecloudera-scm-server start, 

when we connected to http://192.168.xxx.xxx:http:7180/, it appeared that those two clusters were not available, we couldn't see hive ,hbase, zookeeper.... and cloudera navigator(port 7187) was not available either, could you tell us how to restart all services after rebooting each nodes?

25 REPLIES 25

Re: how to restart cloudera manager and cloudera clusters?

Explorer

Any update would be appreciated...

Contributor

Upon box reboot u should mount the disk drives using command "mount_hadoop_drives" and provide password for mount_disk and cloudera manager in command line. Then try logging into the cloudera maanger and all the services installed on that node should restore automatically.

Easiest way to restart the cluster is through cloudera manager.

Login to cloudera manager and on theleft hand side click on dropdown button under configurations tab and then click on restart. This will stop all the services safely and start them.

Expert Contributor

Hello Joe,

Following are the steps:

- Put Cluster in Maintenance Mode
- Stop all cluster service by clicking "Stop" for the cluster
- Put Cloudera Management Service in Maintenance Mode
- Stop Cloudera Management Service by clicking "Stop" (or "Restart", as per your choice) for the cluster

- Once is Cloudera Management Service started

- Start all cluster service by clicking "Start" for the cluster

- Put Cluster & Cloudera Management Service out of Maintenance Mode

I have avoided writing down the details on where to find the click options because its' quite intuitive GUI. But please let me know if you need assistance on that too, will be glad to pen it down.

Explorer

any chance to have a teamviewer ?

Thanks

JOe

Expert Contributor

Hello Joe,

I didn't understand that. Do you mean screen sharing?

Explorer

I just reinstalled it , still hit some error , could you please connect to my teamviewer? thanks

teamviewer:  594 685 304 /2102

Expert Contributor

Hello Joe,

I don't have teamviewer with me and machine doesn't have appropriate permissions to allow me to install it either.

I would request you to please help with specific issues you are facing and we will try to resolve one at a time.

Explorer

I'd like to solve the previous problem quick and dirty, so I reinstalled everything, 

I was adding the cluster node and hit the problem as attached, any advice would be appreciatedsnap.jpg

Explorer
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here