Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to set more than one parameters in to "hive.security.authorization.sqlstd.confwhitelist.append" via ambari ui

Explorer

I have a issue here

when I set only one parameter into "hive.security.authorization.sqlstd.confwhitelist.append" via ambari ui in hive config , my hive job works fine.

But when i set another parameter into "hive.security.authorization.sqlstd.confwhitelist.append" via ambari ui , hive did not answer well, "Error: Error while processing statement: Cannot modify 'balabalabal' at runtime. It is not in list of params that are allowed to be modified at runtime" appears.

My settings:

5986-qq截图20160722113134.png

I search this question online and i got a page(https://github.com/dstreev/hdp-mac-utils/blob/master/configs/hive/hive-site.xml)

it says it can be used with comma to separate the parameters list, but it did not work to me.

5987-qq截图20160722113037.png

So can any body help me with how to set more than one parameters in to "hive.security.authorization.sqlstd.confwhitelist.append" via ambari ui right ?

thx in advance,i hope your reply

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

hi guys , there's a good news

Finally i solve this issue by check the hiveserver2.log

5988-ok.png

it's not comma "," to separate the list, it is "|"

comma will occur problem

here is my setting formats

5989-settings.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

May be Hive engineer can have a better shot at answering. But can you check if '\' is correct at the end of mongo.input.split.create_input_splits ?

Explorer

thanks a lot for replay so quick,did i need '\' before the comma ','?

Explorer

hi i found the solution, thx bro

Explorer

hi guys , there's a good news

Finally i solve this issue by check the hiveserver2.log

5988-ok.png

it's not comma "," to separate the list, it is "|"

comma will occur problem

here is my setting formats

5989-settings.png