Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

how to update ambari cluster with blueprint.json file

we have many Ambari LAB clusters - Apache Ambari Version 2.5.0.3

my target is to find a way to update the values of services , on all the Ambari clusters , by automate the process

what we do until now , is take each ambari cluster and change the services values - but this take a lot of time

so if we have diff 25 ambari LAB clusters , then we need access each ambari cluster and change the values , this is very exhausting in case we have alot of values to change

but we have a new idea to automate the process

what we thinking is to generate the blueprint.json file as the following:

curl -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X GET -u
admin:admin
http://{ambari_host}:8080/api/v1/clusters/{Cluster_name}\?format\=blueprint
> blueprint.json

then update/change the values from the json file

and finally upload the json file on all clusters

the big question is:

how to update the new json update file on current ambari cluster ? is it possible scenario ?

Michael-Bronson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@uri ben-ari

If I understand you well,you want to make a change a cluster and replicate that to all the other lab clusters ? Right I would think that is doable if you can script you curl do loop through the clusters you will have to deal with inter cluster authentication and authorization.

In a secure setup kerberized cluster that can be handled through KNOX. Personally I have not done that, having said that blue prints resolve the tedious administration of initial cluster setup.

Below is a link that could inspire you.

Dynamically Add Hosts to a Cluster with Blueprints

You had earlier asked an initial question which I think I replied to could you reward the best answer for your previous question as this is a new question. This ensure people can take time to respond and feel gratified if their answer help a member.

@Geoffrey thank you so much , I will learn this , the second option to change the values of the parameters by using API , each service has the relevant parameters , for example lets take the YARN service and the relevant parameters and values - is it possible by API command to change the parameters values for example - YARN service ? , can you please give me example for that? , I searched in google but not see relevant ideas about this -:(

Michael-Bronson

Master Mentor

@uri ben-ari

Setup YARN HA for example