Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

i am trying to load data from sqlserver to hive and getting an error

Explorer

while i use the command

sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.56.1:1433 --username hadoop --password hadoop1 --driver com.microsoft.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

i get error

ERROR manager.sqlmanager :generic Sqlmanager.listdatabases() not implemented ,

ERROR tool.ListDatabasesTool: manager.ListDatabases() returned null

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@abhishek shah you'll need to use the correct driver and place it in the sqoop lib directory. Follow these instructions

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/import-microsoft-sql-server-hortonworks-sandbox-using-sqoop/

Once you do this you won't need to use the --driver command

sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.56.1:1433 --username hadoop --password hadoop1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@abhishek shah you'll need to use the correct driver and place it in the sqoop lib directory. Follow these instructions

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/import-microsoft-sql-server-hortonworks-sandbox-using-sqoop/

Once you do this you won't need to use the --driver command

sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.56.1:1433 --username hadoop --password hadoop1

Explorer

@Scott Shaw thank you so much for providing me the link of the tutorials ,i followed the steps in tutorial and now got an error

[root@sandbox ~]# sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.137.1:1433 --username hadoop1 --password hadoop1

Warning: /usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950/accumulo does not exist! Accumulo imports will fail. Please set $ACCUMULO_HOME to the root of your Accumulo installation. 16/01/14 10:01:37 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.6.2.3.2.0-2950 16/01/14 10:01:37 WARN tool.BaseSqoopTool: Setting your password on the command-line is insecure. Consider using -P instead. 16/01/14 10:01:44 INFO manager.SqlManager: Using default fetchSize of 1000 SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings. SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950/hadoop/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation. SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory] 16/01/14 10:02:14 ERROR manager.CatalogQueryManager: Failed to list databases com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host 192.168.137.1, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:190) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:241) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2243) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.open(IOBuffer.java:491) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1309) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215) at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:885) at org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:52) at org.apache.sqoop.manager.CatalogQueryManager.listDatabases(CatalogQueryManager.java:57) at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ListDatabasesTool.run(ListDatabasesTool.java:49) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:148) at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:184) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:226) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:235) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:244) 16/01/14 10:02:14 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host 192.168.137.1, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". java.lang.RuntimeException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host 192.168.137.1, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". at org.apache.sqoop.manager.CatalogQueryManager.listDatabases(CatalogQueryManager.java:73) at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ListDatabasesTool.run(ListDatabasesTool.java:49) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:148) at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:184) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:226) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:235) at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:244) Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host 192.168.137.1, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:190) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:241) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2243) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.open(IOBuffer.java:491) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1309) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215) at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.makeConnection(SqlManager.java:885) at org.apache.sqoop.manager.GenericJdbcManager.getConnection(GenericJdbcManager.java:52) at org.apache.sqoop.manager.CatalogQueryManager.listDatabases(CatalogQueryManager.java:57)

Master Mentor

check your firewall settings @abhishek shah

@abhishek shah

from sandbox

$ telnet 192.168.137.1 1433

See if you are able to connect. It looks like you are having an connection error.

Explorer

@Shivaji and @Artem Ervits

I disabled my firewall settings on windows and centos , my telnet query failed earlier so i edited my vm settings and now i am able to view my databases

Thank you so much guys