Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

i want to add 2 host or instance in NiFi

Contributor

I want to add 2 host in running Nifi server, which steps i have to follow.. please suggest you input

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@irfangk1 

If its an HDP cluster then I assume you are using Ambari for managing the HDF cluster, you will need to first prepare the 2 new hosts see the ​Prepare the EnvironmentCloudera document

Then add the hosts to the cluster see Add host to cluster Thereafter add HDF to these 2 new nodes it follows the same procedure as adding HDF Services on an existing HDP Cluster

hTH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I just checked with @MattWho and it seems this explanation is still relevant. Of course it does assume you are using Ambari:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/HDF-2-x-Adding-a-new-NiFi-Node-to-an-existing-s...

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

Master Mentor

@irfangk1 

It would be good to clarify whether its a CDH or HDP cluster managed by Ambari or not and any relevant information.

Contributor
its a HDP Boss

Master Mentor

@irfangk1 

If its an HDP cluster then I assume you are using Ambari for managing the HDF cluster, you will need to first prepare the 2 new hosts see the ​Prepare the EnvironmentCloudera document

Then add the hosts to the cluster see Add host to cluster Thereafter add HDF to these 2 new nodes it follows the same procedure as adding HDF Services on an existing HDP Cluster

hTH