Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

install the metron in the existed ambari and elasticsearch cluster

Expert Contributor

hi:

how to install the metron in the existed ambari and elasticsearch cluster? when i use the ansible playbooks, it is always show me various errors. Because i have installed the ambari and elasticsearch, so there are many repeated steps in the playbook.

Is there a simple way to install it after i already have the ambari and elasticsearch clusters?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @li zhen. The current automated playbooks are currently designed largely for a from scratch deployment, not optimised for use with existing infrastructure.

If you want to work through the installation manually, I'd suggest very closely reading the playbooks and their configuration to comment out the sections you don't need due to installing on existing infrastructure, you would start from here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/metron-deployment#metron

This is assuming that your existing cluster was installed via Ambari, also pay close attention to the configuration files that need to be adjusted as part of the deployment.

Honestly though, if you're looking for a quick and easy deployment, deploying fresh is by far the fastest method, from 0 to a complete Metron environment is possible on AWS in under 90 minutes.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @li zhen. The current automated playbooks are currently designed largely for a from scratch deployment, not optimised for use with existing infrastructure.

If you want to work through the installation manually, I'd suggest very closely reading the playbooks and their configuration to comment out the sections you don't need due to installing on existing infrastructure, you would start from here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/metron-deployment#metron

This is assuming that your existing cluster was installed via Ambari, also pay close attention to the configuration files that need to be adjusted as part of the deployment.

Honestly though, if you're looking for a quick and easy deployment, deploying fresh is by far the fastest method, from 0 to a complete Metron environment is possible on AWS in under 90 minutes.

Good luck!

Expert Contributor

@Dave thants for your reply. i have installed the matron successfully by the playbooks. Now I need to read some tutories to use it.