Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

is it posible to install Hortonworks Cluster on Docker on one single Linux machine

Highlighted

is it posible to install Hortonworks Cluster on Docker on one single Linux machine

hi all

we want to build test Hadoop cluster on one Linux machine based on docker container/s

Dose hortonworks ( cloudera ) support this ? ,

for example HDP version - 2.6.5

for example we need the following services

HDFS ( include at least 3 data-nodes ,  )

YARN

MAPreduce2

HIVE

Zookeeper

Ambari metrics

KAFKA

SPARK2

and all these services should be on one Linux machine

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: is it posible to install Hortonworks Cluster on Docker on one single Linux machine

Cloudera Employee

Hi, 

As I see the request, you want to run HDP services on docker with single linux machine, you can use the hortonworks sandbox that can run on Docker please check the link[1] for more details.

As explained under the link[2] sandbox is only for learning and testing. 

link[1]: https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials/sandbox-deployment-and-install-guide/3.html
link[2]: https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/hortonworks-sandbox.html

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas Dadhich

Highlighted

Re: is it posible to install Hortonworks Cluster on Docker on one single Linux machine

Master Collaborator

@yosefgogogogo93 it is not possible to do a 3 data node (hdfs) with a single node machine.   Other than that, a single node cluster can run all of the services you have listed and is suitable for learning, training, and demos or proof of concepts.  It is not necessary for these types of clusters to have 3 data nodes.  1 is just fine.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here