Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

%jdbc(hive) prefix not found in Zeppelin

I am going through the following lab:

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/hello-world-an-introduction-to-hadoop-hcatalog-hive-and-pig/#...

and in paragraph 6.2 (execute a hive query) I am trying to run the following code in Zeppelin: %jbdc(hive) SELECT * FROM riskfactor

When I execute this code I run into the error "prefix not found". What am I doing wrong here. This seems pretty straightforward.

Regards,

Robbert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Make sure you are running the latest HDP 2.5 Sandbox. I've just tested it and I had no "prefix not found" related issues.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

I've had the same error. Would appreciate help. Thanks in advance.

Guru

Give this a try

%hive

Sorry @Greg Keys but the turorial explicitly states to use %jdbc(hive) for connecting to hive. After SELECT * FROM riskfactor the scipt should show data from the table. After that the tutorial shows that a graph can be made, but I run into this error.

Guru

Give it a try and let me know what happens. I tested it successfully on the latest sandbox. Sometimes updates to the tutorials are delayed -- the latest sandbox itself came out last week

The following worked. Thanks @Greg Keys for the tip. I had to use finalresults instead of riskfactor. The latter didn't give me data. Not sure if I have missed something there. @Robbert Naastepad would be great to know if riskfactor has data for you. Thanks.

%hive

SELECT * FROM finalresults

Hello Cindy, I had to use the finalresults table also. Riskfactor is empty after the Spark tutorial.

Regards,

Robbert.

Thank you for the confirmation @Robbert Naastepad

Hi @Greg Keys,

%hive works as it should, but I was hoping the tutorial would go into using a JDBC driver also. Anyway, thanks for the answer. At least I was able to play around with the graphs in Zeppelin.

Regards, Robbert

Guru

@Robbert

Try this link if you want to explore using the jdbc driver: https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/56113/trying-to-create-phoenix-interpreter-using-jdbc-in...

(Also, if you find my answer provided what you were looking for, let me know by accepting 🙂 )