I am going through the following lab:
and in paragraph 6.2 (execute a hive query) I am trying to run the following code in Zeppelin: %jbdc(hive) SELECT * FROM riskfactor
When I execute this code I run into the error "prefix not found". What am I doing wrong here. This seems pretty straightforward.
Make sure you are running the latest HDP 2.5 Sandbox. I've just tested it and I had no "prefix not found" related issues.
Sorry @Greg Keys but the turorial explicitly states to use %jdbc(hive) for connecting to hive. After SELECT * FROM riskfactor the scipt should show data from the table. After that the tutorial shows that a graph can be made, but I run into this error.
Give it a try and let me know what happens. I tested it successfully on the latest sandbox. Sometimes updates to the tutorials are delayed -- the latest sandbox itself came out last week
Hi @Greg Keys,
%hive works as it should, but I was hoping the tutorial would go into using a JDBC driver also. Anyway, thanks for the answer. At least I was able to play around with the graphs in Zeppelin.
Try this link if you want to explore using the jdbc driver: https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/56113/trying-to-create-phoenix-interpreter-using-jdbc-in...
(Also, if you find my answer provided what you were looking for, let me know by accepting :) )