Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

missing tables in S3

Explorer

Hi, 

in hive, I have a difference (of two tables) between what beeline shows and what's I can see on S3  (at the location indicated by `show create table [table name]` )

any idea why?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Guru

Explorer

Hi @asish 

(I have two table missing)

so, the command

ANALYZE TABLE Table1 COMPUTE STATISTICS;

runs fine on (let's say) table1, but it fails on table2 with error:

```

ERROR : FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask. Vertex failed, vertexName=Map 1, vertexId=vertex_1645517986487_0008_1_00, diagnostics=[Vertex vertex_1645517986487_0008_1_00 [Map 1] killed/failed due to:ROOT_INPUT_INIT_FAILURE, Vertex Input: coach_nouveau_rapport_qi_filtered initializer failed, vertex=vertex_1645517986487_0008_1_00 [Map 1], java.io.FileNotFoundException: No such file or directory: 

```

Guru

hi @grlzz 

I dont quite understand what do you mean by table is missing ?

Please concentrate on table1. Does the table1 yield correct results after collecting STATISTICS?

Explorer
Hi @asish , 

it simply means that the table is not there (listed in S3 bucket, at the URI indicated by 'location' , that you get when running for instance `show create table` or `DESC EXTENDED table`)

(stats seems fine)

regards,
Gr

Explorer

...and it's also not a matter of permission, as I can see in S3 a table with the same owner (as the ones I cannot see)

Guru

@grlzz apologies for the late response.

I am assumimg Tez job fails. Can you use 

select distinct column from tablename to check if this works.

Explorer

Hi, 

sorry for the late reply

nope, I still get this error

Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask. Vertex failed, vertexName=Map 1, vertexId=vertex_1647249588842_0007_1_00, diagnostics=[Vertex vertex_1647249588842_0007_1_00 [Map 1] killed/failed due to:ROOT_INPUT_INIT_FAILURE, Vertex Input: coach_nouveau_rapport_qi_filtered initializer failed, vertex=vertex_1647249588842_0007_1_00 [Map 1], java.io.FileNotFoundException: No such file or directory: ...

indeed, it cannot find the table, because it  does not exist on AWS S3