Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

monitoring flume in a clustered environment using ambari

Expert Contributor

Hi all,

I have an ambari-managed cluster in which there are 2 ingestion server on which runs Flume.

While I need to have different flume agents, I have to define them on ambari and make them run only on one server. So, I need to start a single agent on server ingestion1 and stop it on server ingestion2. This way, ambari check the flume service as stopped and send me a notification about this.

Is there a way to monitor flume in this configuration, or I can tell ambari to not define the single agent in both servers?

Thank you,

D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Not completely sure what you mean but it is possible to create separate config groups for these two hosts. ( Manage Config Groups at the top of the config page ). This means you could create a config for host1 and a different config for host2. I don't think its possible to start/stop them separately through ambari though. Unless you go directly to the host and start/stop them there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

Not completely sure what you mean but it is possible to create separate config groups for these two hosts. ( Manage Config Groups at the top of the config page ). This means you could create a config for host1 and a different config for host2. I don't think its possible to start/stop them separately through ambari though. Unless you go directly to the host and start/stop them there.

Expert Contributor

You're right, I had not though about config groups!

Sorry and thank you a lot! 🙂