Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

moving nifi repositories

Super Collaborator

nifi is filling up my /var folder and I want to move the content_repository and the flowfile_repository folders to some other location .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
@Sami Ahmad

Moving NiFi's various repositories is an easy process.
The nifi.properties file defines for NiFi where to find each one fo the repositories. Specifically look for these lines:
-

nifi.flowfile.repository.directory=/<my-original-path>/flowfile_repository

nifi.content.repository.directory.default=/<my-original-path>/content_repository

-

Each will be pointing to the current directory path where these repositories reside.

1. Stop your NiFi instance(s). Copy/Move the "content_repository" directory recursively to the new location.
2. Make sure the user that runs your NiFi process has proper ownership and permissions to the new directory location.
3. Update your nifi.properties file to point at new location path:

nifi.flowfile.repository.directory=/<my-new-path>/flowfile_repository

nifi.content.repository.directory.default=/<my-new-path>/content_repository

4. Start Your NiFi instance(s).

-

Thank you,

Matt

-

If you found this answer addressed your question, please take moment to login and click "accept" below the answer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Mentor
@Sami Ahmad

Moving NiFi's various repositories is an easy process.
The nifi.properties file defines for NiFi where to find each one fo the repositories. Specifically look for these lines:
-

nifi.flowfile.repository.directory=/<my-original-path>/flowfile_repository

nifi.content.repository.directory.default=/<my-original-path>/content_repository

-

Each will be pointing to the current directory path where these repositories reside.

1. Stop your NiFi instance(s). Copy/Move the "content_repository" directory recursively to the new location.
2. Make sure the user that runs your NiFi process has proper ownership and permissions to the new directory location.
3. Update your nifi.properties file to point at new location path:

nifi.flowfile.repository.directory=/<my-new-path>/flowfile_repository

nifi.content.repository.directory.default=/<my-new-path>/content_repository

4. Start Your NiFi instance(s).

-

Thank you,

Matt

-

If you found this answer addressed your question, please take moment to login and click "accept" below the answer