Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

new EDH using existing VPC

new EDH using existing VPC

Explorer

I am going to install Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub in amazon EC2, so I choose the Launch Quick Start. But the problem is that it creates a new VPC and uses it for ClusterLauncher Instance, NAR instance and also the configuration file (which will be used to create CDH cluster instances). but I have an existing VPC and I want to use it for ths cluster. How can I do it? 

I tried to put the same VPCCIDR in the "Specify Parameters" page but it still creates a new VPC with the duplicated IP, it does not reuse the existing one. Is there way to do it? 

I even download the template file and try to see if I can modify it but I could not find way to let is reuse existing VPC. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: new EDH using existing VPC

Expert Contributor

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to modify the template to remove the VPN Resources. Here are my suggestions for modifying the template.

Keep the following parameters:

KeyName

ClusterLauncherType

RemoteAccessCIDR

PrivSubCIDR

DMZCIDR

BuildBucket

Keep the following mappings:

ClusterLauncherAMI

Keep the following resources:

ClusterLauncherInstance

ClusterLauncherInterface

ClusterLauncherProfile

ClusterLauncherInstanceRootRole

WaitServerWaitHandle

WaitServerWaitCondition

ClusterLauncherSecurityGroup

ClusterLauncherEIP

AssociateClusterLauncherEIP

Convert the following resources to parameters:

DMZSubnet

ClouderaSubnet

Remove everything else. I think that everything else is related to constructing the VPC.  If you already have an appropriate security group, you can parameterize the ClusterLauncherSecurityGroup and remove the RemoteAccessCIDR, PrivSubCIDR, and DMZCIDR parameters.

Re: new EDH using existing VPC

Expert Contributor

We've reached out to our partners at AWS and this is the answer we've got back:

Assuming you have a VPC with public and private subnets carved out, run the template below and bootstrap the launcher instance. You will need to choose the vpc, public and private subnet (all of them will show up as a dropdown) and make sure the CIDR ranges are correct. The internet gateway can be found from the console (i.e not a dropdown). This will launch a NAT instance and the launcher instance and rest of the deployment steps are same as in the document.

Template: https://cloudera.box.com/s/u8786erdxvug4toufjm5k06t6daup6qo

If you have more AWS-related questions you may get faster answers on the AWS Quickstart Forum. 

Can you tell me more about your use case? How are you planning to deploy & use Director?