Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

new cloudbreak aws, getting cluster creation failure with: default Service-Linked Role for Auto Scaling could not bep created.

Highlighted

new cloudbreak aws, getting cluster creation failure with: default Service-Linked Role for Auto Scaling could not bep created.

New Contributor

new, quick start cloudbreak using hortonworks instructions, using role based credential, with cloudbreakrole and credentialrole in place, cluster fails creation with this error:

Infrastructure creation failed. Reason: com.sequenceiq.cloudbreak.cloud.exception.CloudConnectorException: AWS CloudFormation stack reached an error state: CREATE_FAILED reason: API: autoscaling:CreateAutoScalingGroup The default Service-Linked Role for Auto Scaling could not be created. com.amazonaws.services.identitymanagement.model.AmazonIdentityManagementException: User: arn:aws:sts::738807305480:assumed-role/CredentialRole/hadoop-provisioning is not authorized to perform: iam:CreateServiceLinkedRole on resource: arn:aws:iam::738807305480:role/aws-service-role/autoscaling.amazonaws.com/AWSServiceRoleForAutoScaling (Service: AmazonIdentityManagement; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied; Request ID: 74873a58-8aaf-11e9-a040-dbf16ab4d910)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: new cloudbreak aws, getting cluster creation failure with: default Service-Linked Role for Auto Scaling could not bep created.

Cloudera Employee

Hi @kirk sullivan! Which version of cloudbreak are you using? For now you can try to add the missing policy (iam:CreateServiceLinkedRole) to your role (CredentialRole/hadoop-provisioning) used for cluster provision. If you provide the version of Cloudbreak, I can check source code and the documentation and get deeper into this issue.

Re: new cloudbreak aws, getting cluster creation failure with: default Service-Linked Role for Auto Scaling could not bep created.

New Contributor

@ahorvath am using cloudbreak 2.9.2. Let me try again as I've redone some things and post back.

Thanks for your reply and willingness to help :)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here