Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

nipyapi on windows 10

Rising Star

Hello,

Does nipyapi package works with windows 10 (64bit)?

I have tried to install nipyapi on two machines, one with winpython (manual installation of downloaded packages) another with anaconda (installation with pip).
Both failed, obviously due a number of missing obscure dependencies like libxml2.

I have only a little knowledge, but the installation looked like a tough stuff under windows 10.

Is nipyapi recommended at all or are there better alternatives?

Best regards
Jaro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Jaro,

nipiapi Windows automated testing not attempted. 

Are there any particular things you want to achieve using nipiapi+Windows combination?

-Akash

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Jaro,

nipiapi Windows automated testing not attempted. 

Are there any particular things you want to achieve using nipiapi+Windows combination?

-Akash

New Contributor

I've used nipyapi package on Windows 10 (64-bit) without any issues. It's a great package for working with Apache NiFi. However, the installation process can be tricky sometimes. Did you try installing the package using Conda? That's usually the easiest way to install packages with dependencies on Windows. If you're still having trouble with the installation, you could try looking for alternative packages. PyNiFi and NiPyApi are similar packages that you could check out. They might work better for your needs. Also, check out reddit windows keys for some more cool options and tips.