Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

non-Kerberized HDF communication with Kerberized HDP

Contributor

Would someone please send me information on how to set up a non-kerberized HDF to communicate with a kerberized HDP cluster. I know how to set this up on a standalone but the procedures haven't proved successful on a HDF cluster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Debra Montague To do this, you will have to do 3 things:

1. Set nifi.kerberos.krb5.file=/etc/krb5.conf or whatever in your ./conf/nifi.properties file on all HDF cluster nodes
  2. Make sure that the appropriate keytab is accessible on all HDF cluster nodes (i.e., copy or syndicate the keytabs to every node)
  3. Configure the Put/Get/List/FetchHDFS processor with the "Kerberos Keytab" set to the path of the keytab and "Kerberos Principal" set to a principal in that keytab

You might find some of these articles helpful:

Last, if possible you should verify that you can do an hdfs -ls when kinit'd to the principal you're using with the keytab you've specified in the processor properties configuration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Debra Montague To do this, you will have to do 3 things:

1. Set nifi.kerberos.krb5.file=/etc/krb5.conf or whatever in your ./conf/nifi.properties file on all HDF cluster nodes
  2. Make sure that the appropriate keytab is accessible on all HDF cluster nodes (i.e., copy or syndicate the keytabs to every node)
  3. Configure the Put/Get/List/FetchHDFS processor with the "Kerberos Keytab" set to the path of the keytab and "Kerberos Principal" set to a principal in that keytab

You might find some of these articles helpful:

Last, if possible you should verify that you can do an hdfs -ls when kinit'd to the principal you're using with the keytab you've specified in the processor properties configuration.

Contributor

I will try this on next week and let you know the results.

Thanks,

Debra,