Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

oozie : DR replication

As part of my DR, I would like to have a way of replicating my oozie job into a DR cluster. Is there a good way of doing it ?

I was thinking of having the workflow in version control systems ( git, subversion, ... ) and to push them into the DR oozie server when moving to DR. Unfortunately, it's not possible as it is consider a change and will require a change request ( lengthy internal process ).

Is there a plan to do it with Falcon in the future ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't think this feature is supported natively by Oozie or Falcon. It is a great feature request though. Since Falcon already has the knowledge of DR cluster, it should just replicate the jobs in the secondary cluster. I think the other part of the requirements is that admin should be able to turn on all of the jobs on DR cluster using a single flag / step.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

@Olivier Renault This is Active-Active setup and I am sure that you have seen this Link

Unfortunately, I need DR not just HA - Cross DC replication.

I don't think this feature is supported natively by Oozie or Falcon. It is a great feature request though. Since Falcon already has the knowledge of DR cluster, it should just replicate the jobs in the secondary cluster. I think the other part of the requirements is that admin should be able to turn on all of the jobs on DR cluster using a single flag / step.

@Anderw Ahn Is it enough for submitting as feature enhancement request against Falcon ?