Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

oozie sqoop and shell action do not connect to hive.

I am trying to run a sqoop job using oozie but it log shows it stucks on connecting to hive. The Hive action is working fine and connecting to hive but sqoop action and shell action both are unable to connect to hive ... please suggest 

Screenshot from 2019-12-27 15-08-10.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

the issue is resolved now.

I have a cluster of 12 nodes. and on some nodes beeline-hs2Connection.xml was not present. putting the file in hive conf directory on each server resolved the issue.

thanks

Mohit  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Perhaps I missed it, but what is the exact error that you see? And just in case, what command do you use? And have you successfully ran similar commands?

Also, you mentioned oozie, does that mean you can run the command outside oozie? And with the same user? 

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

yes I can run the commands with the same user. it shows not error, it is just stuck on connecting to hive. even as mentioned above It is able to connect with hive action but not with sqoop action.

I was trying to what is the difference in the process of connecting to hive when oozie connects using hive action and sqoop action. because hive action is working and connection to hive and sqoop action action is not connecting to hive and stuck. 

I am still stuck on connecting to hive. I can connect to it giving beeline connection url and embading query in it in shell action 

beeline -u "jdbc:hive2://hmaster1.nic.in:2181,hmaster2.nic.in:2181,hmaster3.nic.in:2181/default;password=hive;serviceDiscoveryMode=zooKeeper;user=hive;zooKeeperNamespace=hiveserver2 " -e "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS oozietestings1113 (eid int,name String,salary String)";

the above command is working. it connects to hive and create the table as specified. but i do not have an option to provide it in sqoop job .   although i tried to give --hs2-url while creating a sqoop job but it is also not working as expected. 

kindly help on this @DennisJaheruddi  @Shelton

please help me on connecting to hive using sqoop action. In my case it not picking the hive user and password from beeline-hs2-connection.xml. 

Kindly suggest how can I provide user password to sqoop action for making correct connection string using user ans password...

Your suggestions will be a great help... hoping for a reply... its been a long I am stuck on this....I am using HDP 3

the issue is resolved now.

I have a cluster of 12 nodes. and on some nodes beeline-hs2Connection.xml was not present. putting the file in hive conf directory on each server resolved the issue.

thanks

Mohit