Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

open source Cloudera for test

New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to know where can I download a CDH open-source for tests : for Ubuntu (or Centos)?

Many thanks!

BR,

jludac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hello @jludac , 

I understand you are not able to get an "archive" build with your Cloudera login credentials. 

You will need different credentials(paywall credentials) to download the build.  Paywall credentials are required to access the same. 

Can you please reach contact the Cloudera support team to progress ahead? 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @jludac 

You didn't say which release of CDH you're interested in, but assuming you're looking for information describing how to download CDH 6 from Cloudera's private repositories, the best place to start would be the official documentation located here:

CDH 6 Download Information

You should only follow those instructions, however, after carefully considering the fact that CDH 6 is well on it's way to reaching its EOS date. CDH 5.x releases have already reached their EoS date. Cloudera's lifecycle support policies are documented here:

Support lifecycle policy (open that link and then expand the section labeled "Cloudera Enterprise products" underneath Current End of Support (EoS) Dates).

At that last link (as of this writing) you can read that Cloudera 6.3 is supported until the end of March 2022. For eligible customers, Limited Support for CDH versions 6.2 and 6.3 will be provided during the six-month period beginning on April 1, 2022, and ending on September 30, 2022. So you should understand that in the best case circumstances, any testing you plan to do using CDH will essentially become obsolete later this year.

If you are looking to evaluate a current data platform for use within your company, you can currently do so by downloading and installing the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform without a preexisting Cloudera subscription. CDP Private Cloud supersedes CDH as Cloudera's on-premises data platform product and has been generally available since November 2019. If your evaluation needs will extend past the 60-day free trial period governing that downloadable distribution, please reach out to your Cloudera Account Executive to find out how to proceed.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for your prompt response and full information, I appreciate that very much.

Yes, any released version for tests is fine.

However, I m not able to get the "archive" build with my credentials, for instance :

https:// username: password@archive.cloudera.com/p/cdh6/6.3.4/parcels

I tried both username=my nickname or username=my email address; password = my credential to the portal of Cloudera (I refer to My Account (cloudera.com)).  Do you know if I miss any additional step(s) in order to access the archives ? 

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Jade

Master Collaborator

Hello @jludac , 

I understand you are not able to get an "archive" build with your Cloudera login credentials. 

You will need different credentials(paywall credentials) to download the build.  Paywall credentials are required to access the same. 

Can you please reach contact the Cloudera support team to progress ahead? 

Thanks,

Master Guru

@jludac You can play with Cloudera Trial version with some limitations. 

https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.7/installation/topics/cdpdc-trial-installation....

https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/cdp-private-cloud-trial/cdp-private-cloud-base-trial.html

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Tks Gang War!

I was able to persue Bill's instruction.

Cloudera Support has provided the login/credential on WallCredentials scheme (I guess it's because our company has licence on CDH(?).

Cheers,

jludac

Master Collaborator

Hello @jludac 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Yes. To access the archive repos, you will need to access it through the shared wall credentials