Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer Failed to start web server... shutting down

New Contributor

Hi,

I have encountered an error while starting nifi on windows. I suspect it is because of a bad nifi shutdown.

nifi-app.log says this is due:

2021-09-24 18:10:59,963 WARN [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer Failed to start web server... shutting down.
org.apache.nifi.web.NiFiCoreException: Unable to start Flow Controller.
<..>
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'flowService' defined in class path resource [nifi-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'stringEncryptor' while setting bean property 'encryptor'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'stringEncryptor' defined in class path resource [nifi-context.xml]: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.apache.nifi.encrypt.StringEncryptor]: Factory method 'createEncryptor' threw exception; nested exception is org.apache.nifi.encrypt.EncryptionException: Cannot initialize the StringEncryptor because some configuration values are invalid

Could someone help me out? I have tried to delete all of the repositories, but with no luck.

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0