Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

phoenix logs

I am using phoenix to create a table in hbase and insert some rows. If the insert is successful, i dont see any message on the console. But if i do see some error, i do see the error in the console. I just want to know where should i look for the logs so that i can check whether any operation through phoenix is failure or success. Is there any place where i could look for phoenix logs.

I am usign HDP 2.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Modify PHOENIX_HOME/bin/log4j.properties to log DEBUG/INFO in logs or console. It will log in current_path/psql.log

psql.root.logger=DEBUG,console,DRFA

log4j.threshold=DEBUG

And, sqlline.py expects log4j.properties in current path (from where you are running the sqlline)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Modify PHOENIX_HOME/bin/log4j.properties to log DEBUG/INFO in logs or console. It will log in current_path/psql.log

psql.root.logger=DEBUG,console,DRFA

log4j.threshold=DEBUG

And, sqlline.py expects log4j.properties in current path (from where you are running the sqlline)

Thanks @asinghal, but how can we log when it is a used by a remote client like squirrel or dbvisualizer. How to tracke those logs?

It seems , we can do in same way for squirrel.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23770235/squirrel-sql-exception-logging

JFYI , sqlline can also be used as a remote client.

Master Mentor

Accepting your own answer is only valid if your own solution corrected your issue and nobody else provided the right answer. I unaccepted your answer as it is a response to the other person and moved it to comment. Community is only as good as the value we provide, please respect the rules and give credit where it's due.