Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

please help with SQOOP IMPORT

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

please help with SQOOP IMPORT

New Contributor

Hello Guys,

I am having trouble with my query below. Searched a lot on the internet but nothing helped. Please help me understand where the issue is

sqoop import \
--connect jdbc:mysql://10.0.0.24/hive_data \
--username root -P \
--query 'select d.driverid, d.name, SUM(t.hours_logged) as hours from driver d JOIN timesheet t on (d.driverid = t.driverid) group by d.driverid,d.name Where $CONDITIONS' --split-by d.driverid \
--target-dir /home/hadoop/sqoop \
--driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

The error I get is below

SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
17/07/20 01:48:14 INFO manager.SqlManager: Executing SQL statement: select d.driverid, d.name, SUM(t.hours_logged) as hours from driver d JOIN timesheet t on (d.driverid = t.driverid) group by d.driverid,d.name Where  (1 = 0)
17/07/20 01:48:14 ERROR manager.SqlManager: Error executing statement: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Where  (1 = 0)' at line 1
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Where  (1 = 0)' at line 1

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: please help with SQOOP IMPORT

@Harjinder Brar

Mysql statement construction is not correct where should be before group by like this:

--query 'select d.driverid, d.name, SUM(t.hours_logged) as hours from driver d JOIN timesheet t on (d.driverid = t.driverid) Where $CONDITIONS group by d.driverid,d.name'

This should fix the issue.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

@Harjinder Brar

Mysql statement construction is not correct where should be before group by like this:

--query 'select d.driverid, d.name, SUM(t.hours_logged) as hours from driver d JOIN timesheet t on (d.driverid = t.driverid) Where $CONDITIONS group by d.driverid,d.name'

This should fix the issue.

Thanks

New Contributor

worked like a charm. thanks

Np. Glad that it worked @Harjinder Brar

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here