Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

services which are maintenance mode in HDPCA exam

Explorer

I had attemp HDPCA practice environment (Hortonworks HDPCAdministrator_2.3 PracticeExam_v3) in AWS. When i completed all the tasks, i found some of the services are in maintenanece mode, which are not able to start. Shall we keep these servers in maintenence mode without attempting starting/troubleshooting? Does this task consider to be fail? Please suggest. Sri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, Sri.

Normally the service should not be in maintenance mode if there are tasks that need to be completed on that service (like HDFS, YARN, HIVE, etc). If you have configuration/troubleshooting tasks around that service, you should be able to complete that task and restart the service in non-maintenance mode to ensure that the changes you made are working. If the service does not start properly because of a configuration issue, then the task will be wrong. So, as a norm, make sure the service is able to run in non-maintenance mode.

Hope that this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello, Sri.

Normally the service should not be in maintenance mode if there are tasks that need to be completed on that service (like HDFS, YARN, HIVE, etc). If you have configuration/troubleshooting tasks around that service, you should be able to complete that task and restart the service in non-maintenance mode to ensure that the changes you made are working. If the service does not start properly because of a configuration issue, then the task will be wrong. So, as a norm, make sure the service is able to run in non-maintenance mode.

Hope that this helps