Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

some problem about "su hdfs" default password

some problem about "su hdfs" default password

New Contributor

hi , when i do CDH5.10-1, i facing some problems and can't understand what to do ,can anyone tell me ,please.

suppose that i am a common user (not superuser=root) , and i don't know the password about log in  root user .

my question 1 :

can i have any way to solve the proble that need me to insert the password when i use command "su hdfs",because i have no idea about the default password

my question 2 :

i do some work , and i see some people say that the default password is on purpose . because common users don't need having the permission to log in HDFS.

so , if i'm a common user called "permission", and i don't have any directory in HDFS just like the shot

image.png

but i want to create a directory just like other users ,  what can i do??

( if i use "hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/permission"  it will show permission denied)

can anyone tell me what can i do???? thx~

1 REPLY 1

Re: some problem about "su hdfs" default password

Super Collaborator

my question 1 :

can i have any way to solve the proble that need me to insert the password when i use command "su hdfs",because i have no idea about the default password

>> Ask your administrator. Not sure he is willing to give you that.

my question 2 :

i do some work , and i see some people say that the default password is on purpose . because common users don't need having the permission to log in HDFS.

so , if i'm a common user called "permission", and i don't have any directory in HDFS just like the shot

but i want to create a directory just like other users ,  what can i do??

>> Ask the administrator of the platform to provide you the directory with correct permission for you to be able to work in it.