Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

spark2-submit throwing error with multiple packages (--packages)

Contributor

Hi All,

I'm trying to submit following Spark2 job on CDH 5.16 cluster and it's only taking first parameter of --packages option and throwing error for second parameter

spark2-submit --packages com.databricks:spark-xml_2.11:0.4.1, com.databricks:spark-csv_2.11:1.5.0 /path/to/python-script

spark2-submit --packages com.databricks:spark-xml_2.11:0.4.1, com.databricks:spark-csv_2.11:1.5.0 /path/to/python-script.py
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.spark.SparkException: Cannot load main class from JAR com.databricks:spark-csv_2.11:1.5.0 with URI com.databricks. Please specify a class through --class.
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmitArguments.error(SparkSubmitArguments.scala:657)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmitArguments.loadEnvironmentArguments(SparkSubmitArguments.scala:224)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmitArguments.<init>(SparkSubmitArguments.scala:116)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$$anon$2$$anon$1.<init>(SparkSubmit.scala:911)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$$anon$2.parseArguments(SparkSubmit.scala:911)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.doSubmit(SparkSubmit.scala:81)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$$anon$2.doSubmit(SparkSubmit.scala:924)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:933)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)

I ran the same job in older version of Spark2 successfully but now it's giving the error with CSD Spark2.4 cloudera2

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

It's a mistake from my end I've been giving an extra space between the list of packages 

spark2-submit --packages com.databricks:spark-xml_2.11:0.4.1,com.databricks:spark-csv_2.11:1.5.0 /path/to/python-script.py

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

It's a mistake from my end I've been giving an extra space between the list of packages 

spark2-submit --packages com.databricks:spark-xml_2.11:0.4.1,com.databricks:spark-csv_2.11:1.5.0 /path/to/python-script.py