Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

sqoop:java.lang.runtimeException

sqoop:java.lang.runtimeException

New Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to ingest schema from sql Server to hive .I am getting below error.

Could you please advise?

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. java.lang.RuntimeException: MetaException(message:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.SerDeException org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe: columns has 47 elements while columns.types has 44 elements!)]
3 REPLIES 3

Re: sqoop:java.lang.runtimeException

@Gokul Dighe

Issue seems to be mismatch with the number of columns coming in from source and columns in Hive table.
Share the sqoop import command and also, the DDL of the Hive table.

Expert Contributor
@Gokul Dighe

if you are importing the data from the DB the default field delimiter is comma (,), make sure your data is not having any commas if you are using the default delimiter and the same applies to other delimiter's as well.

New Contributor

Thanks @Sindhu and @vekat ... Sindhu I am directly importing tables into hive that is using --hive-import .So I am not defining the ddl for Hive its automatically taken care of . Here is a sqoop import statement

sqoop import -D map.retry.numRetries=2 -D mapreduce.map.maxattempts=2 -D mapreduce.job.queuename=prod -D ipc.client.connect.max.retries=1 --connect 'jdbc connection string ' --p 'password file ' --username 'XXXXX' --relaxed-isolation --delete-target-dir --fetch-size '10000' -m '1' --query 'select * from [dbo].[EUC_ExtractTextTest] where $CONDITIONS' --target-dir '/apps/hive/warehouse/ngt_us_prod/tmp/ngt_us_prod/NGT_US_PROD_20170803_EUC_ExtractTextTest' --compression-codec 'org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec' --null-string '\\N' --null-non-string '\\N' --hive-import --hive-table 'NGT_US_PROD_20170803.EUC_ExtractTextTest' --hive-delims-replacement ' '