Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ssh web client and local client different information,SSH Web Client and Mac Terminal client showing different information

New Contributor

Hello all,

I am using VM ware Sandbox image for my practice. I got the following quick quick links for ssh connection.

14299-sshinfo.png

When I tried both the clients, both are showing different information. Only the webclient asked me to change the password but not my mac terminal client. Below are the screen shots.

SSH Web Client:

14301-webclientssh.pngMac Terminal as SSH Client:

14302-macterminalsshclient.png

Both are obviously showing different information. Can you please let me know what need to be corrected to have common information?

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

@Raj Kumar

The pictures are not working for me, so I am answering based on an assumption that we see commonly. There are two layers on the HDP Sandbox (Docker and the VM). When using an SSH client, be sure to double check that you are using port 2222 for the Sandbox, and port 2122 if you need to access the Docker side (normally not needed unless you are adding ports).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Guru

@Raj Kumar

The pictures are not working for me, so I am answering based on an assumption that we see commonly. There are two layers on the HDP Sandbox (Docker and the VM). When using an SSH client, be sure to double check that you are using port 2222 for the Sandbox, and port 2122 if you need to access the Docker side (normally not needed unless you are adding ports).