Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

starting NiFi on different port

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I copied and extracted NiFi (nifi-1.0.0.2.0.1.0-12) on the server that has HDP2.5 on AWS.

I changed the port in bootstrap file to 9090, NiFi was up for just 10 sec and then it goes down and It doesn't work anymore.

When I start NiFi, there is no error on the logs at all but it shows the following info although I set the nifi.properties file to 9090. I also cannot start nifi on the following port (51583) that it mentioned.

INFO [NiFi Bootstrap Command Listener] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi Apache NiFi now running and listening for Bootstrap requests on port 51583

FYI: 9090 port is open and I also disabled the firewall rules.

Any thoughts please?

SJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I found out that it is not even hitting the service at all, it was firewall issues. It is fixed now.

Thanks,

SJ

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator

Do you mean you change the port in bootstrap.conf file?... to run nifi webui on 9090 instead of 8080 you should change in nifi.properties. change nifi web ui port to 9090/

Expert Contributor

Hi ,

I changed the port in nifi.properties to 9090 but based on the log above it shows some other port and It cannot start either on 9090 or 5XXXX port.

SJ

Super Mentor
@Sanaz Janbakhsh

You should see why NiFi shutdown in either the nifi-bootstrap.log or the nifi-app.log.

Super Mentor

The bootstrap port has nothing to do with the web UI port. Please take a look at the nifi-app.log for the cause of the shutdown.

Super Collaborator

NFO [NiFi Bootstrap Command Listener] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi Apache NiFi now running and listening for Bootstrap requests on port 51583

The above is not an error message. change Nifi.properties back to 9090. Then you can go and open a browser and type http:<your_host>:9090/nifi. give it a minute or so and you should see wifi. 9090 is the webui port 51583 is the port bootstrap is binding on

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I found out that it is not even hitting the service at all, it was firewall issues. It is fixed now.

Thanks,

SJ