Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

unable to connect to ambari UI ,Unable to connect to ambari UI

New Contributor

i subscribed for free trail of Hadoop VM in azure.I used the public IP and accessed the sandbox using ssh <user@publicip> .After that i was trying to launch the ambari UI using HTTP://<publicip>:8080 but the webpage is not coming up ...I am totally new to hadoop

I started free trail on azure and got a VM machine and public IP ..I then connected to sandbox using ssh ...after which i tried to connect to ambari ui using http://pubclicip:8080 but the webpage is not displayed

4 REPLIES 4

Super Mentor

@vasanth ramalingam

Do you see ambari server port 8080 is opened?

# ambari-server status
# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080
# ps -ef | grep AmbariServer

Have you configured the ssh tunneling properly?

SSH tunneling allows us a way to port forward securely, without actually opening the machine’s ports for the entire world to access. Follow these steps to access the endpoints of your Azure deployment from your computer.

Use your favorite editor and edit your~/.ssh/configfile. For example:

vi ~/.ssh/config

Enter the following configuration, replacing theHostNameIP with the public IP of your instance. More forwardings can be entered via theLocalForwarddirective similar to the ones displayed here.

Note: Spacing and capitalization is important.

Host azureSandbox
  Port 22
  User azure
  HostName 52.175.207.131
  LocalForward 8080 127.0.0.1:8080
  LocalForward 8888 127.0.0.1:8888
  LocalForward 9995 127.0.0.1:9995
  LocalForward 9996 127.0.0.1:9996
  LocalForward 8886 127.0.0.1:8886
  LocalForward 10500 127.0.0.1:10500
  LocalForward 4200 127.0.0.1:4200
  LocalForward 2222 127.0.0.1:2222

For more details please refer to: https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/deploying-hortonworks-sandbox-on-microsoft-azure/

New Contributor

SSH tunnelling helped after which i am able to connect to the ambari UI .Thank you

Super Mentor

@vasanth ramalingam

Great to hear that your issue is resolved. It will be wonderful if you can mark this HCC thread as "Accepted" (answered) so that it will be helpful for others as well.

Super Mentor

@vasanth ramalingam

^^ ,It will be wonderful if you can mark this HCC thread as "Accepted" (answered) so that it will be helpful for others as well.

Take a Tour of the Community
Don't have an account?
Your experience may be limited. Sign in to explore more.