Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

urlopen on parcels installation

Explorer

Hi all,

I'm a new Cloudera user, I'm installing a small cluster of CDH-5-5.1.11 on different hosts on Cent OS 7.2.

In the automatic process, during parcel installation stage, I get "urlopen error timed out" on all hosts excepted the CLoudera manager server.

Everything has been checked (firewall is ok, files can be downloaded on the hosts directly from the internet or from the manager with direct curl). I can't find a relevant solution on the forum.

Any ideas

Details below :

Capture d’écran 2016-02-06 à 00.09.04.png

- part files stay at 0 in the cache directory on the hosts 

- cloudera agent log file gives :

[06/Feb/2016 00:16:04 +0000] 11288 Thread-13 downloader   INFO     Starting download of: http://gw.domain.com:7180/cmf/parcel/download/CDH-5.5.1-1.cdh5.5.1.p0.11-el7.parcel

[06/Feb/2016 00:16:04 +0000] 11288 Thread-13 downloader   INFO     /opt/cloudera/parcel-cache/CDH-5.5.1-1.cdh5.5.1.p0.11-el7.parcel.part exists, add Range header: bytes=0-

[06/Feb/2016 00:16:34 +0000] 11288 Thread-13 downloader   ERROR    Unexpected exception during download

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/src/cmf/downloader.py", line 276, in _download

response = self.opener.fetch_url(request)

File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/src/cmf/downloader.py", line 69, in fetch_url

return urllib2.urlopen(request)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen

return opener.open(url, data, timeout)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open

response = self._open(req, data)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open

'_open', req)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain

result = func(*args)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1244, in http_open

return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1214, in do_open

raise URLError(err)

URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

[06/Feb/2016 00:16:34 +0000] 11288 Thread-13 downloader   INFO     Finished download [ url: http://gw.domain.com:7180/cmf/parcel/download/CDH-5.5.1-1.cdh5.5.1.p0.11-el7.parcel, state: exception, total_bytes: 0, downloaded_bytes: 0, start_time: 2016-02-06 00:16:04, download_end_time: , end_time: 2016-02-06 00:16:34, code: 600, exception_msg: <urlopen error timed out>, path: None ]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi @cjervis,

Thank you for your proposal.

I checked the thread you mentionned when I got the issue but it's not related to my case. I tried to restart the agent with sudo as mentionned by the author but it didn't work.

Your post forced me to replay all the steps and I found the answer so I share to avoid an other beginner to find in this hole :

the hostname for the cloudera-server was initially configured as a public FQDN. After that, I changed it with an internal FQDN and all the other internal DNS stuff, but cloudera manager kept continuing to share this public IP with its agent but the firewall was blocking the trafic.

I found this in the download field of the agent log where the public FQDN was mentioned. I just had to restart everything and now it seems to be ok.

Thank you very much for your tip

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer

I tried several things but none was successful and I couldn't find an answer in the community. I feel alone...

Someone who could have an idea ?

Community Manager

I'm not an expert but perhaps some further information may get you the help you need. What have you already tried to solve the issue that did not work for you? Also, what steps did you take during the installation?

The additional information helped another user such as this one who had a permissions issue.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Hi @cjervis,

Thank you for your proposal.

I checked the thread you mentionned when I got the issue but it's not related to my case. I tried to restart the agent with sudo as mentionned by the author but it didn't work.

Your post forced me to replay all the steps and I found the answer so I share to avoid an other beginner to find in this hole :

the hostname for the cloudera-server was initially configured as a public FQDN. After that, I changed it with an internal FQDN and all the other internal DNS stuff, but cloudera manager kept continuing to share this public IP with its agent but the firewall was blocking the trafic.

I found this in the download field of the agent log where the public FQDN was mentioned. I just had to restart everything and now it seems to be ok.

Thank you very much for your tip

Community Manager

Awesome! I'm happy to see you figured out the issue. Best of luck as you continue your project. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.