Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

user authorization in addition to user-role assignment

Highlighted

user authorization in addition to user-role assignment

New Contributor

I would like to specify precisely what activities a user in Cloudera Manager ia authorized to accomplish. Since I can only assign ONE single user-role which is pre-defined by Cloudera, and I haven't found any infomation on custom user roles, there seems to be no solution for my problem. Maybe specific authorizations granted to users could do the job? But how to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: user authorization in addition to user-role assignment

Champion

@JSC

Cloudera Manager is only for admins and not for users. 

Hue is the right tool for users, you can create users, groups and assign roles based on their work

For more details about hue refer the below link and choose category based on your needs and learn

http://gethue.com/category/release/

New Contributor

Hi saranvisa,

thank you for your reply! I hve cehcked the Hue tutorial as advised, yet I am sure, my concern is about users of Cloudera Administrator. The users I am interested in granting privileges are indeed administrators. not "data users" doing queries or stuff. For examples one of the administrator roles should be that he/she is a 

"Navigation-Administrator" and additionally to this is granted to greate diagrams and dashboards. Can you advise me in how to achieve this?

Thank you so much!

Champion

@JSC

Login to CM as admin and go to Administration menu -> Users -> Add user. You can set different roles to users like "Read-only", "Operator", "Full Administrator", etc

New Contributor
Yes, Saranvisa, thank you. This is what I already stated in my very first post. I prefer you read my question before answering something I already know from day one. For my problem here, I need a customized role, something like a mix of "Full Administrator" and "Read-only", I thought that was clear from my initial post.