Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

where are the tutorial users or how do I create them?

Explorer

7 REPLIES 7

Re: where are the tutorial users or how do I create them?

Super Mentor

@Wayne Pakkala

If you are talking about the users like "maria_dev","raj_ops" etc then those users can be found on HDP Sandbox they are already created and available.

You can get more detail about those users and their credentials here: https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hortonworks-sandbox/

Please install HDP Sandbox and you can find these users. Also check the Ambari UI

Ambari UI --> Admin(drop down top right corner) --> Manage Ambari --> Users

Using terminal : (SSH port 2222 must be used) Or use web terminal http://localhost:4200

# ssh root@127.0.0.1  -p 2222
Enter Password: hadoop
[raj_ops@sandbox ~]$ id
uid=1024(raj_ops) gid=1024(raj_ops) groups=1024(raj_ops)
[raj_ops@sandbox ~]$ exit
logout
[root@sandbox ~]# su - maria_dev
[maria_dev@sandbox ~]$ id
uid=1023(maria_dev) gid=1023(maria_dev) groups=1023(maria_dev)

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma...I have the standard download HDP_2.6.5_vmware_180622 installed and none of these users are within this vmware image.

sandbox-hdf login: root                                                                                                                                         
root@sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com's password:                                                                                                                    
Last login: Wed Aug 29 18:40:32 2018                                                                                                                            
[root@sandbox-hdf ~]# su marie_dev                                                                                                                              
su: user marie_dev does not exist                                                                                                                               
[root@sandbox-hdf ~]# su - raj_ops                                                                                                                              
su: user raj_ops does not exist                                                                                                                                 
[root@sandbox-hdf ~]#                                                                                                                                           

Also, not sure how to close the other posting?

Super Mentor

@Wayne Pakkala

You seems to have downloaded HDF Sandbox (instead of HDP Sandbox) please check the hostname of your sandbox it shows HDF.

Based on your output.

sandbox-hdf login: root                                                                                                                                         root@sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com's password:                                                                                                                    

The HDF sandbox is slightly different and the learning ropes for HDF sandbox is available here: https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/getting-started-with-hdf-sandbox/

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma...yup, that is the problem...Thanx

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma - Here is the vmware image I downloaded....

HDP_2.6.5_vmware_180622.ova

I am concerned that it is packaged incorrectly....

Here is the screen shot and I am selecting the vmware image!

Super Mentor

@Wayne Pakkala

After downloading the Binaries , have you checked the MD5 sum output of the downloaded file?

You can find the MD5 of the HDF 2.6.5 Sandbox here for VMWare image: https://hortonworks.com/downloads/#sandbox

Like following:

• MD5 : 781bd8f2b55660c57e68b90c0af158d3

Explorer

@Jay Kumar SenSharma The md5 values match.