Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

why some version in stack and versions are not in green ( display as gray )

we upgrade successfully the HDP to 2.6.4

but when we look on stack and version we see that some version is in gray color - why ?

in the follwing example we can see that ambari metrics is gray , while it should be green

62815-capture1.png

62814-capture.png

Michael-Bronson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Michael Bronson

The component listed in Gray color are not part of HDP repo.

For example Ambari Metrics comes from Amabri Repo (not from HDP repo) so they are mentioned in gray color.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@Michael Bronson

The component listed in Gray color are not part of HDP repo.

For example Ambari Metrics comes from Amabri Repo (not from HDP repo) so they are mentioned in gray color.

@Jay this is very strange because in other system all components include metrics are in green color , so how it can be?

Michael-Bronson

Master Mentor

@Michael Bronson

This is new feature. You might be having a different HDP version in the other clusters.

Are you saying the other cluster which have HDP 2.6.4 shows a different behaviour (they should not). They also should be in gray.

For example my local env: Ambari-Version 2.6.1.0 , HDP-2.6.4 (Gray color for Non HDP managed repo services are normal now. Like Ambari Metrics or SmartSense as they come from ambari repo instead from HDP repo).

62817-stack-version.png

@Jay yes the other cluster was upgrade to 2.6.4 and all non HDP components are in green , so I first I thought that this is normal , until we upgrade the second cluster , what you said is logical but in fact the first cluster was upgrade successfully but all non HDP components are in green on the second cluster only the HDP components are in green , I must to say that on the first cluster we not have public network , so this is the single diff between both cluster , let me know if you want some other info from the first cluster ?

Michael-Bronson

Master Mentor

@Michael Bronson

Do you have the same Ambari Version in both the clusters?

This is a fresh cluster or Upgraded one?

@Jay - yes - the same ambari versions ( before the upgrade - 2.5 and after the upgrade - 2.6 ) , both clusters are upgrade from previous versions - ambari - 2.5.0.3 & HDP - 2.6.0.3 , so this is upgrade installation , cluster was installed before one month

Michael-Bronson