Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

why zeppelin always show socket error in the log file

Contributor

Hi:

I have installed the zeppelin notebook in the ambari cluster, and it used to working well before, but from these days, it always not responsed, but when i restart the zeppelin service it will come back.

I checked the zeppelin log and found that it shows the socket error repeated. does anyone meet this error?

ERROR [2016-07-04 14:42:35,388] ({pool-1-thread-27} NotebookServer.java[broadcast]:306) - socket error java.io.IOException: closedOut 1000:Idle for 300051ms > 300000ms at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketConnectionRFC6455$WSFrameConnection.sendMessage(WebSocketConnectionRFC6455.java:437) at org.apache.zeppelin.socket.NotebookSocket.send(NotebookSocket.java:69) at org.apache.zeppelin.socket.NotebookServer.broadcast(NotebookServer.java:304) at org.apache.zeppelin.socket.NotebookServer.broadcastNote(NotebookServer.java:376) at org.apache.zeppelin.socket.NotebookServer$ParagraphListenerImpl.afterStatusChange(NotebookServer.java:1099) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.setStatus(Job.java:150) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.RemoteScheduler$JobRunner.afterStatusChange(RemoteScheduler.java:408) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.RemoteScheduler$JobStatusPoller.getStatus(RemoteScheduler.java:272) at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.RemoteScheduler$JobRunner.run(RemoteScheduler.java:341) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Thanks Timothy, i found that one of my notebook got an very large json data when it is loading which cost too much resources and makes the socket connection failed, i manually deleted that notebook and everything comes back.

Thanks very much for your response.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

looks like front end errors maybe your web browser firewall or proxy breaking websocket connections

Contributor

Thanks Timothy, i found that one of my notebook got an very large json data when it is loading which cost too much resources and makes the socket connection failed, i manually deleted that notebook and everything comes back.

Thanks very much for your response.

New Contributor

@Yibing Liu: can you please share what evidence lead to infer that the problem is with notebook size.