New Contributor

Hive error Couldn't find log associated with operation handle

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could help me out with running Hive queries in Hue. I receive the following error:

Fetching results ran into the following error(s):

Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle [opType=EXECUTE_STATEMENT, getHandleIdentifier()=ddee155d-06ed-4238-89d4-009ad98c0f26]

The operation has no results.

And here are the logs:

Bad status for request TFetchResultsReq(fetchType=1, operationHandle=TOperationHandle(hasResultSet=True, modifiedRowCount=None, operationType=0, operationId=THandleIdentifier(secret='`6\x8fvaWD\x9e\x8b8g\xca\xe6?i\x80', guid='\xdd\xee\x15]\x06\xedB8\x89\xd4\x00\x9a\xd9\x8c\x0f&')), orientation=4, maxRows=-1):

TFetchResultsResp(status=TStatus(errorCode=0, errorMessage="Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle [opType=EXECUTE_STATEMENT, getHandleIdentifier()=ddee155d-06ed-4238-89d4-009ad98c0f26]", sqlState=None, infoMessages=["*org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException:Couldn't find log associated with operation handle: OperationHandle [opType=EXECUTE_STATEMENT, getHandleIdentifier()=ddee155d-06ed-4238-89d4-009ad98c0f26]:24:23", 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.operation.OperationManager:getOperationLogRowSet:OperationManager.java:259', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl:fetchResults:HiveSessionImpl.java:681', 'sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15:invoke::-1', 'sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl:invoke:DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43', 'java.lang.reflect.Method:invoke:Method.java:606', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:78', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:access$000:HiveSessionProxy.java:36', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy$1:run:HiveSessionProxy.java:63', 'java.security.AccessController:doPrivileged:AccessController.java:-2', 'javax.security.auth.Subject:doAs:Subject.java:415', 'org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation:doAs:UserGroupInformation.java:1671', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:59', 'com.sun.proxy.$Proxy23:fetchResults::-1', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService:fetchResults:CLIService.java:451', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService:FetchResults:ThriftCLIService.java:672', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$FetchResults:getResult:TCLIService.java:1553', 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$FetchResults:getResult:TCLIService.java:1538', 'org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction:process:ProcessFunction.java:39', 'org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor:process:TBaseProcessor.java:39', 'org.apache.hive.service.auth.TSetIpAddressProcessor:process:TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:56', 'org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess:run:TThreadPoolServer.java:285', 'java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor:runWorker:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145', 'java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker:run:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615', 'java.lang.Thread:run:Thread.java:745'], statusCode=3), results=None, hasMoreRows=None)

I am working on a Cloudera Quickstart VM 5.4.2-0. I have stumbled upon some instructions online on how to resolve this issue, but they all involve working from the Cloudera Manager. However, I cannot even open the Manager (I have 8GB of RAM and 2 cores) and was wondering if there’s any way I could deal with this from the terminal.

I would really appreciate any help I could get! I am a student of Big Data Specialization and my two assignments related to Hive are due tomorrow. Please take into consideration my absolute beginner’s level of knowledge and kindly walk me step-by-step through resolving this issue.

Thank you all!

Cloudera Employee

Re: Hive error Couldn't find log associated with operation handle

Are you using the same HiveServer2 as in CDH?

Does it happen with all the queries?
New Contributor

Yes, it happens with all the queries, the tables are there loaded, but when I run any query it returns no results. Would you please be so kind to explain how I can check if I am using the same HiveServer2? I am only a student and am not very familiar with the Cloudera environment...

SKG
New Contributor

hello:

Could you email me the fix if you got this resolved? sgulur@yahoo.com

Thanks!