Community Articles
Find and share helpful community-sourced technical articles
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.
Labels (1)

With HDF 1.1.2.1 release, HDF supports accessing Kerberos enabled kafka topics. For a stanalone NiFi node, following instructions can be used.

1. new jass file should be created with following entries.

Client {
  com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
  useKeyTab=true
  keyTab="./conf/nifi.keytab"
  useTicketCache=false
  principal="nifi@EXAMPLE.COM”; 
};
KafkaClient {
   useTicketCache=false
   renewTicket=true
   serviceName="kafka"
   useKeyTab=true
   keyTab="./conf/nifi.keytab"
   principal="nifi@EXAMPLE.COM";
};

*** Both the KafkaClient and Client configs should use the same principal and key tab ***

2. bootstrap.conf file should be changed to include following line.

java.arg.15=-Djava.security.auth.login.config=/<path>/zookeeper-jaas.conf

Restart NiFi node after changes to bootstrap.conf.

3. GetKafka/PutKafka processors should be modified to include a new property security.protocol and value for this property should be set to PLAINTEXTSASL

kafka.png

That's it ! Now NiFi can read from Kerberos enabled kafka topics.

Thank You @rgarcia for helping me with these configurations.

Comments
Master Guru

There are additional items that will need to be taken in to consideration if you are running a NiFi cluster. See the following for more details: https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/28180/how-to-configure-hdf-12-to-send-to-and-get-d...

Explorer

Hi,

I have been trying to configure Nifi to work with kerberized Kafka, but to no avail. Here my zookeeper-jaas.conf:

Client {
useKeyTab=true
keyTab="./conf/user.keytab"
storeKey=true
useTicketCache=false
principal="user@REALM.COM”;
};
KafkaClient {
useTicketCache=true
renewTicket=true
serviceName="kafka"
useKeyTab=true
keyTab="./conf/user.keytab"
principal="user@REALM.COM";
};

I am getting errors when starting the PutKafka processor:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Configuration Error:
Line 8: expected [option key]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi.ioException(ConfigFile.java:666) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi.match(ConfigFile.java:562) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi.parseLoginEntry(ConfigFile.java:477) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi.readConfig(ConfigFile.java:427) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi.init(ConfigFile.java:329) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi.init(ConfigFile.java:227) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi.access$000(ConfigFile.java:115) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi$1.run(ConfigFile.java:180) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi$1.run(ConfigFile.java:169) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.security.provider.ConfigFile$Spi.<init>(ConfigFile.java:169) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1609) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
... 26 common frames omitted

I have checked the zookeeper-jaas.conf many times and cannot identify the error. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Explorer

Looks like it was a syntactical error in the file, not sure what exactly. By recreating the contents it works, which seems like a whitespace or some other character to be the reason for the error.

New Contributor

I did the changes as specified in the above link(https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/28180/how-to-configure-hdf-12-to-send-to-and-get-data-fr.html) and configured getkafka processor. But I am getting below error when I start the getKafka processor.

********************Error Log*********

2017-08-24 10:10:19,964 INFO [test-consumer-group_storagev4-1c-1503583093158-c73a2251-leader-finder-thread] kafka.consumer.ConsumerFetcherManager [ConsumerFetcherManager-1503583093205] Added fetcher for partitions ArrayBuffer() 2017-08-24 10:10:20,169 WARN [test-consumer-group_storagev4-1c-1503583093158-c73a2251-leader-finder-thread] k.c.ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread [test-consumer-group_storagev4-1c-1503583093158-c73a2251-leader-finder-thread], Failed to find leader for Set([indexing,0]) java.lang.NullPointerException: null

New Contributor

Attached are the logs that are related to my getKafka processor. Can someone please go through the same and let me know what might be going wrong!getkafka-processor-log.txt

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎04-08-2016 03:51 AM
Updated by:

Contributors
Top Kudoed Authors