Community Articles
Find and share helpful community-sourced technical articles
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.
Labels (2)
Super Guru

This tutorial has been successfully tried on HDP-2.4.0.0 and Ambari 2.2.1.0

I have my HDP Cluster Kerberized and Ambari has been configured for SSL.

Note - Steps are same for Ambari with or without SSL.

Please follow below steps for Configuring Pig View on Kerberized HDP Cluster.

Step 1 - Please configure your Ambari Server for Kerberos with the steps mentioned in below article. Please follow steps 1 to 5.

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/40635/configure-tez-view-for-kerberized-hdp-cluster.html

Step 2 - Please add below properties to core-site.xml via Ambari UI and restart required services.

Note - If you are running Ambari Server as root user then add below properties

hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups=*hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts=*

If you are running Ambari server as non-root user then please add below properties in core-site.xml

hadoop.proxyuser.<ambari-server-user>.groups=*hadoop.proxyuser.<ambari-server-user>.hosts=*

Please replace <ambari-server-user> with user running Ambari Server in above example.

I'm assuming that your ambari server principal is ambari-server@REALM.COM, if not then please replace 'ambari-server' with your principal's user part.

hadoop.proxyuser.ambari-server.groups=*hadoop.proxyuser.ambari-server.hosts=*

Step 3 - Create user directory on hdfs for the user accessing pig view. For e.g. in my case I'm using admin user to access pig view.

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -mkdir /user/admin sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chown admin:hdfs /user/adminsudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod 755/user/admin

Step 4 - Goto Admin tab --> Click on Manage Ambari --> Views --> Edit Pig view ( Create a new one if it doesn't exist already ) and configure settings as given below

Note - You may need to modify values as per your environment settings!

5224-screen-shot-2016-06-23-at-113006-pm.png

5225-screen-shot-2016-06-23-at-113053-pm.png

5226-screen-shot-2016-06-23-at-113321-pm.png

After above steps, you should be able to access your pig view without any issues. If you receive any error(s) then please check /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log for more details and troubleshooting.

5227-screen-shot-2016-06-23-at-113452-pm.png

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎08-17-2019 11:53 AM
Updated by:

Contributors
Top Kudoed Authors