- edited on
The Metron tutorial article for adding Squid telemetry walks through the process of creating the parser from scratch for Elasticsearch as the Indexing service.
This article gives details of extending the tutorial for getting Squid telemetry working with Solr as the backend Indexing service.
In other words, these steps are an equivalent of "Installing Squid parser template" for the Elasticsearch.
1. SSH to the Metron host and run the following commands
Copy the attached files (schema.xml and solrconfig,xml) into the 'squid' folder created above.
2. Run the following commands on the Metron host to create a Solr collection for Squid
su $SOLR_USER -c "$SOLR_HOME/bin/solr create -c squid -d $METRON_HOME/config/schema/squid/"
3. Go to the Solr UI at http://<solr-host>:8983/solr/#/~collections to confirm that the Squid collection is present
4. Ingest events into the 'squid' kafka topic and you should see documents being written into the Squid collection in Solr.
5. Fire up Alerts UI and verify that Squid events are seen.